Friday, April 17, 2020

DEAR LORD

Dear Lord, I'm about to break. Actually, maybe I Am breaking! You've called me to the plate. It's my turn to bat. And you know I'll do as you have called me to do. You know my heart. You know I've loved you since I was a little girl. I have experienced your deliverence time and again and I'm so grateful, Lord. You know I am.
I had no idea why any of the things I've experienced in life happened. I may never understand, this side of heaven. And Lord, I still trust you. I will continue to listen for your voice, to respond as you would. Lord.
I also know there are times in life, like this one, where we rely entirely on our faith in you to take our very next breath. Well, Lord, I'm there. My heart cries out to you. I'm breaking and I need your help, again. I know I'm not alone in these feelngs of loss, these feelings of abandonment. Many of us know to come running to you. When the punches seem to keep coming, they keep hitting deeper, the wounds causing massive scars I have grown over time to keep going, trust that you really are with me and lean into you when I want to. I never imagined how quickly life can change.
The old-timers got it right. Life can change on a dime, and you won't even see it comin'. I heard that one growing up. Ironically, Grandpa was right.
Lord, thank you for calming me down. I was losing it. It's my guess that we all do every once in a while. I hope they remember to talk to you, Lord. It still blows me away how different I am when I take everything to you. I would have done slapped the stupid out of me, had I been you. Seriously! Anyway, thanks for listening, again. I love you, Lord. I needed to hear you, listening.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing that i read it before i even knew the author. Wow...hit home for me in ma y ways. Thanks again i needed it.

    ReplyDelete