Thursday, February 19, 2015

It's Complicated, or Is It?

Have you ever wondered if God is real? Does He love you? Does He care about you? Does He hear your prayers? Do you even matter to Him? I’ve asked all of the above questions at one time or another in my life. I’m sure most of us do. However, I can attest to the fact that, yes, God is real, and He desires to give you clarity regarding these issues.

Let’s address the question as to whether or not God is real first. In Genesis 1:1 it states” In the beginning God (prepared, formed, fashioned, and) created the heavens and the earth. (also reference to Hebrews 11:3) (Amplified Bible) I believe that states the fact that God is real quite plainly. He was here before heaven, before earth, He simply is. How long has God been around? I have no clue, but I would have to fathom a guess as to forever. I don’t know how long “forever” is, but it ranks right up there with “for all eternity”. That’s a pretty long time.

Does God love you? Absolutely! John 3:16 says “For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He gave His only begotten (unique) son, that whoever believes in (trusts in, relies on,) Him, shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life. (Amplified Bible) That sounds pretty much like love to me. I mean, God loves us so much that he sacrificed his son, born of a virgin, became God incarnate, so He could save us from hell. God allowed His son, Jesus, to die on the cross at the hands of men who didn’t believe in him, only to raise Jesus from the dead 3 days later as a living sacrifice through whom we can get to heaven, by His grace. That’s powerful stuff. We live in a time when we simply ask God to forgive our sins and we accept Jesus as the one true way to Heaven, and we’re in. Can you imagine having to take yearly trips to your home town to give a pure sacrifice to God as they people of the Old Testament had to do? We’ve got it way easier. That tells me that God really does love us.

Does God care about you? Yes, He sure does. There was a time in my life when some horrible things were happening, evil things. I asked this very same question. Then, I waited. I wasn’t looking for some lightening bolt of insight. I simply wanted to know that what I had been taught for years, since my birth, was true. Sometime later, I got that answer. It was a simple voice, a gentle one that caused me to reflect over the time period I was searching, and I realized, not only did God care, but He had carried me through that rough patch in my life. Yes, He loves and care about you, and me, with all His heart.

Does God hear our prayers? Absolutely! God hears every prayer of His children. Mark 11:24 says, “For this reason I am telling you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe (trust and be confident) that it is granted to you, and you will (get it). (Amplified Bible) If you are a believer in God, you can ask for anything, and if it’s going to benefit you, you will have it, in God’s timing. However, if what you are asking for is going to harm you in any way, you won’t get that, but you will get something far better. I think that’s pretty cool. God loves us so much that He will answer all our prayers. Sometimes the answer is no, but when He says no, there is something way cooler coming your way.

Do you even matter? Of course you matter to God. It was by God’s will that you are here. It took your parents, yes, but it took the divine spark of God for you to form in the womb of your mother. God’s word says He has known us since we were formed in our mother’s womb. Hmm, that tells me He knows you, he created you, you matter to Him. You always have, you always will.

All in all, I find it simple, really. It’s we, as humans, who complicate things. Have you ever talked to someone who chose not to tell you what was bothering them by stating, “it’s complicated”? I’m sure most of us have. Well, God isn’t complicated, at all. If you want to know God, ask. Ask Him to come into your life, into your heart. Let him know that you believe His son died on the cross for us, and then rose again 3 days later so that we can live in heaven with Him for all eternity. You don’t have to know everything all at once. It’s not like you’re going to get saved today and be Sister Super Christian who has all the answers in a week. It doesn’t work that way. Walking a life with God is a process, and we all have to walk that process. Not one of us is immune to that. I’ve been walking with God for many years. I’ve made a lot of mistakes, but God still loves me. He still cares about and takes care of me. And most importantly, He never gives up on me. Give God a chance. He won’t give up on you, either. It really isn’t complicated at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment