Monday, October 27, 2014

CROSSROADS

CROSSROADS

My life had been so empty
I felt it deep within.
Longing to find happiness
To find my peace again.

Years of being lonely
That spanned all space and time
I wanted more, I needed it
I longed to make it mine.

Searching for the answers
I felt I would explode.
I opened up my options
And faced this brand new road.

A fire started burning
I felt it deep within.
And as it started glowing
I sensed a tiny grin.

Faith was taking over
My heart began to soar.
I knew that life was out there
And I just wanted more.

On shaking legs I took each step
I chose to end the strife.
Each stone I kicked to clear my path
Brought with it brand new life.

My options were so many
I had to choose again.
Now I feel a fire
I feel it deep within.

With cautious steps I open up
I shared my hearts desire.
Answering hard questions,
That spark is now a fire.

I open up my life, you see
For life cannot be tamed.
I have to know it deeper
The spark that fans this flame.

I pour out truths about myself
And it's not just for me.
This fire within is growing
And it's quite plain to see.

Our talks will grow much deeper
We'll talk both day and night.
From deep in life's dark tunnel
I'll help you see a light.

Our talks will get quite intimate
We'll talk about life's needs.
At times we'll feel inadequate
Discussing our past deeds.

I've stilled my heart and made a choice
To answer my hearts call.
Diving deep within myself
I give to you my all.

We'll talk about God's precious love
And things you should expect
How He will guide you daily
And “no” He'll not accept.

This venture really sparks in me
A longing and a fire.
I choose to listen to myself
And answer this desire.

I've reached an understanding
Far deeper then my soul
That I, the woman living,
No longer “plays” a role.

Letting go of fear and doubt
I'm plunging straight ahead.
No looking o're my shoulder,
That woman now is dead.

Releasing inhibitions,
I plunge right through the door.
Not letting fear control me,
I'm only wanting more.

My future's peaked my interest
And reached beyond my soul.
It seems I really likes it,
And I keep wanting more.

With love, my soul is raging
The spark has turned to flames.
I'm crossing many bridges
Most do not have names.

I want to give you all of me
Including all my love.
I want to reach new levels,
To go far and above.

I long to fill my calling
And let the passion sore.
Doing so takes all of me,
And I will hide no more.

Lost within this moment,
There is no space or time.
I trust this love within me
Deliverance, sweet is mine.

I curl up with my Daddy, God
His heartbeat to my cheek.
I know my life's not over
His pleasure's all I seek.

Alive is what I'm feeling
More then I've ever been,
To turn from this won't happen
For it would be a sin.

I'm following this journey
There is no turning back.
Forging on is what I choose,
There's nothing I will lack.

I ask now, are you with me,
To ride this wave with me?
You'll find no disappointment
The choice is yours to see.

By Tammy E. Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment