Thursday, November 26, 2015

BEING THANKFUL

It's been a while since I've shared with you. I've not forgotten. Rather, I've had a lot going on in my life. I'm sure many of you have had good times, bad times and an array of experiences that fall somewhere between the two. My heart goes out to each of you.

Today as I write this, it's Thanksgiving day, 2015. I had the pleasure of spending the afternoon with the family of my man for a scrumptious dinner. I might add, they're an amazing family and I adore them all. They have welcomed me with open arms and I sincerely appreciate that.

In light of the day I am writing this, I find it appropriate to give thanks to all my family and friends who have been supportive through some very tough times in my life. This year has been pretty tough, but I feel extremely blessed. Having sold my house in Arcadia, IN, I purchased another one at an amazing price in a new location closer to the university I've been attending this year. However, as much as I liked the house, it is simply way to big for me. It is because of this fact that I've chosen to sell it to my son. I have since moved to Muncie, IN.

I've done well in college for this year, for the most part anyway. I withdrew from several classes this semester due to circumstances I had no control over. I had considered taking a semester off this winter, but I find myself not wanting to do that. I have dreams for the future and I'm determined to do my part to make those dreams a reality.

We all have dreams. I cannot fathom anyone telling me they don't, or at least that they never have. The problem is that many people lose sight of their dreams and, ultimately, bury them under a lot of life's circumstances. Some have been abused in one way or another and led to believe they're unworthy of a better life. Others are told they're incapable of achieving their dreams. There are many more reason's people give up on their dreams, however, I'm here to tell you not to believe the lies, not even if you're telling them to yourself.

Everyone deserves a wonderful life. You deserve happiness in life, and only you can make your dreams a reality. A great first step toward reaching your dreams is to start seeing yourself for who you actually are. You're a one-of-a-kind model of perfection. I'm sure many of you don't feel like you are, but believe me, it's true. You've made mistakes? Stop beating yourself up over them. Look at those "mistakes" and tell me this: What have you learned, or can you learn from those experiences?" Every single one of our life encounters are designed to either teach us something or give us an opportunity to be a blessing to another person. The choice we have is whether we choose to look at each life event and grow, or let them change us into someone we're disappointed with. Yes, many times in life, we fall into a one person pity party and wallow in it until we squash our own dreams and goals.

It's time to take control of your life back. I won't lie to you (I never will): It won't be easy. However, anything in life worth having is worth fighting for. No matter what comes your way, you have the choice about how you respond to it. Have you been hurt in some way? Stand! It's a choice. Have you been blessed? Stand! There is someone out there who needs a blessing and you may be the only one who can provide what they need. It's amazing what a kind word or a warm smile can do to turn someone's life around. There are many ways to bless others, however, you have to choose to do so.

The really cool thing about blessings is how much it will lift your spirit by knowing you've touched just one life that day. You may never know the blessings you have given to the people you meet in a given day. Treating everyone you meet with kindness can be empowering. Start with yourself. Realize that you are here on this planet to touch lives. How you do so is up to you. As for me, I choose to let the light in my heart reach anyone and everyone who's open to receive it.

Saying thank you is a great way to bless others. Thank the clerk in the store, the friends who support you during both good and bad times. I also encourage you to say thank you to a veteran or an active military person who's helped you enjoy the freedom you have. Thank everyone who does something kind for you. And above all, thank God for trusting you so much that he's given you these opportunities. You do have a purpose, a reason for being here. How you choose to live your life is entirely up to you.

As for me, I want to thank you for being in my life. Whether we meet face to face one day or only know each other by online communications, you have been a blessing in my life and I pray that knowing this helps you realize how special you are.

On this Thanksgiving day, be mindful of all the blessings you have. Even during hard times, there are reasons to give thanks. Focus on those things and you're going to lift the lives of those around you, not to mention the uplifting feelings you will have for having been kind to someone. It really is empowering. God bless all of you, and remember, you are loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment